Contact Our Firm  
  How We Can Help
and Your Benefits

Apply for U.S. Visa

  Immigration Consultation  
  Immigration Questionnaires  
  Complimentary Services  


  Contact an Immigration Lawyer

English      Spanish


J-1 Visa
(Exchange Visitor Visa)

A J1 exchange visitor is defined by the Immigration and Nationality Act as an alien "having a residence in a foreign country which he has no intention of abandoning who is a bona fide student, scholar, trainee, teacher, professor, research assistant, specialist or leader in a field of specialized knowledge or skill, or other person of similar description, who is coming temporarily to the United States as a participant in a program designated by the Director of the United States Information Agency, for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills or receiving training...."

The LL.M. Law Group can help obtain a J-1 visa for the following exchange visitors to the United States:

  • Visitors participating in a designated exchange program while pursuing full-time formal courses at either the college and university level
  • Professors and research scholars coming to the United States to lecture, observe, consult, demonstrate special skills or to participate in seminars, workshops, conferences, study tours, professional meetings
  • Visitors coming to receive training that will improve the visitor's knowledge of U.S. techniques, methodologies, and expertise
  • Teachers teaching full-time in established primary or secondary schools
  • Experts coming to observe, consult, or demonstrate special skills
  • Physicians pursuing graduate medical education or training at U.S. accredited schools of medicine or scientific institutions
  • International visitors recognized by the Department of State
  • Summer camp counselors and au pairs

The LL.M. Law Group can also help program sponsors and exchange visitors with the following immigration issues:

  • Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
  • Obtaining approval for an educational institution
  • Issuing Certificates of Eligibility
  • Advising the Responsible Officer (RO)
  • Program sanctions
  • Visa issuance and admission
  • Maintenance of status
  • Reinstatement of valid program status
  • Transfers of sponsors
  • Extensions of stay
  • Change of visa category for the J Visa holder
  • Employment
  • Waiver of two-year home country physical presence requirement
  • Dependents of J-1 Visa holders (See J-2 Visa)

Please refer to the LL.M. Law Group's immigration consultation procedures to begin.

The LL.M. Law Group will work with you to arrive at an arrangement that is fair to all concerned.



    Our Professionals
    LL.M. Law Group Fact Sheet
    Immigration Terms
    Immigration FAQ
    Immigration Links  
    Immigration News  
Information and
    Legal Notice  
    Credit Card Payment


U.S . immigration lawyers working for you.

LL.M. Law Group
53 W. Jackson Boulevard
Suite 525
Chicago, Illinois 60604 

T: (312) 880-0872
F: (312) 880-0870

Transaction Processing